The set date for the commencement of the 2024 UTME/DE sales of form has already been fixed for January 15th, 2024. It is stated to last until 26th February 2024. Considering this, prospective UTME candidates must know what is expected of them and get all the requirements ready before the registration kicks off. One of the keys to a smooth registration and success in every UTME is early preparation.
So this post will guide you on the few things you need to be doing at the moment while we wait for the commencement of the UTME sales of form and registration. To get instant notification when any information is released by JAMB or any school of choice. Test your ability by making use of our online JAMB CBT Software to prepare yourself for UTME.
1. Prepare your National Identification Number (NIN): NIN has become a compulsory requirement for UTME/DE registration. In case you do not have yours yet and you intend to register for the UTME/DE, we advise you to quickly get it ready. We earlier provided a step-by-step procedure on how you can acquire NIN. So if you are yet to get yours, visit this link: NIN Application Guidelines and follow the instructions to get yours.
2. Get a Registered Phone Number for Profile Code Creation Ready: Just before the registration begins, candidates will be required to generate a profile code, you are required to send your NIN, through a registered phone number to a provided shortcode. Therefore, candidates are to ensure that they have a valid and registered phone line for this purpose. All future SMS updates from JAMB will equally be sent to that phone number. So now is the time for candidates to get a personal and registered phone line; preferably an MTN line if they do not have one already.
3. Register an email address; So what happens if you lose your phone number? At least your email address can serve as a backup to gain access to your profile and to receive JAMB’s important messages. It is compulsory to use an email address while completing your JAMB registration. Getting an email address is very easy, and it’s free. You can get one right now at Gmail.com
4. Identify The Course You Want To Study: This is the best time to decide this, not when you have limited time to register for the exams. Deciding on the course you intend to study is one of the things you should do now before registration begins. This is because you need time to think before settling on a career/course. You shouldn’t just pick any course. It has to be a course you are passionate about, as well as an academic aptitude for. Please note that for a successful registration and a greater chance of admission, you should have alternative (2nd choice) courses in mind.
5. Decide on the School You Intend to Apply to: Just like in choosing a course, you need to know beforehand the institution you want to apply for. Your criteria in choosing one should be based on whether the school offers the course you intend to study, the admission requirements of the school, the school fees as well as other personal preferences e.g. location etc. Please note that for a successful registration, you should have a choice for other institutions such as polytechnic or college of education.
6. Familiarize Yourself with the subject combination for your course: Once you’ve chosen your course and institution, you have to know the subject combination used to gain admission to study the course in that institution. Many students make the mistake of choosing the wrong subject combinations for their course. Once you make a mistake in this step, you just won’t be given admission. If you want to avoid any form of mistake, use “The JAMB Brochure”, to see the required subject combination for the various courses before registration begins. Remember, that choosing the wrong one can jeopardize your chances of gaining admission. Be wise!!!
7. Seek Guidance: If for any reason you are confused and need guidance regarding the choice of course or school, UTME/O’level subject combination etc, you can make use of the <strong>”Ask A Question”